Friday, September 12, 2008

Qweezy feeling.

Today I had to work 7am-3pm at the super 8 and we are so short staffed that I had to work the breakfast room and front desk at the sametime. By 9am (half hour before breakfast was over) I started to feel dizzy and a slight sour stomach. My first thought was "Ah, I know what to do, I'm just going to have some crackers I brought and some plain dry toast." I started to eat both to try to calm my stomach down, but of course, it didn't work. I was getting the morning sickness and working in the breakfast room with the smell of fresh waffles was making it worse. Plus I saw one guest eating the rest of the raw waffle batter from her cup she used to pour out her batter onto the griddle. Once I saw that, I wanted throw-up. Why do people do that?! Yuck!
I talked to my manager (being she was never around this morning) and told her that I closed up the desk for 20 minutes for me to sit in the bathroom with my head between my legs to maybe calm my head down from spinning. She said "Oh you must be getting sick finally, well I better get going." What, you crazy old woman?!? I need to go home or I will throw up all over in the breakfast room and then she can clean it up. Anyway, 3pm couldn't come fast enough and when I arrived home I said "Hi honey, love you, and goodnight."
I tried to explain to Brian that I wasn't feeling well and I feel like I'm going to hurl but why do men insist on more and more questions? Just leave me alone and let me sleep it off. Oh and get me some chicken noodle soup. :-) Brian was just trying to understand what I was feeling and asking how my day went. But I described my feeling of being sick like your worst hangover ever. I was light headed, little dizzy and I wanted to throw up but it never came. He said "Ohhhhh," and the look on his face was "eee, that's not good." So hopefully he understands now that it's not fun and yes I just want to throw up but it's not happening.
It's now 6:30pm and I woke up about 30 minutes ago and I'm feeling so much better. I still have a little bit of a sour stomach but it's now more of I'm hungry, but for what? Oh right, Chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese. Brian is at the grocery store getting some soup. :-) He's so nice.

No comments: