Saturday, February 20, 2010

Oooooh, Aaaaah! , Scream, throw, sleep.

Heidi is getting so big and it seems like she learns something new each day. It's so fun to see her more aware of her surroundings and how to get our attention. If we ask Heidi where her bear is (usually when it's next to her) then she sees it and gets excited. I asked her today to give her teddy a "oooh, aaaah" and she kneeled down and put her arms out on the bear and had a big smile. It was the cutest thing ever. I asked her again to do the same thing later in the evening thinking it could be just a random thing and she just happened to do it, but she did it when I asked her. I couldn't believe it. What a fun event to see her understand us and what some things mean.
She also loves to wave hello and goodbye to everyone she sees. Today we went to Lowes to do some spring fever shopping and she was waving to everyone. She's also learning how to grab what she can to put it in the cart. I was getting some seeds for our garden and some flowers I have in mind for some areas of our yard while Heidi thought we needed a few other seed packets as she was grabbing them off the shelf and just throwing them in the cart, one at a time. She was sitting in the cart with it parked next to the shelf of seed packets so it was easy access for her. I didn't stop her because it was just to funny and she was enjoying herself so I could shop. I was laughing so hard when she would get a packet of seeds and then scream loudly and then throw them in the back of the cart, then repeat the process. What a fun day we had and then tommorow church for more people she can wave at and then some kids she can find to scream with, which is her way of saying hello to them.
So since Heidi loves to scream now, her screams are near to the pitch of "oh my, I think I'm deaf now." I think she likes to hear her echo in the house in some spots. She especially loves to splash and scream during bathtime. She will find a new floating toy and hit it and scream. She's just full of energy when she has her bath.

Here is heidi playing with the cats feather toy. Heidi loves it and victoria loves to play with it, although heidi doesn't get the cats to come all the time, she sure loves to try. And sometimes she trys to say Kitty when she plays with it. Because we always say "here kitty, kitty, kitty" and then show her how. She's so close to saying it too. When brian or I play with the cats with the feather toy, and get one of the cats to jump up, heidi just loves it! She gets the giggles.

No comments: