Thursday, March 11, 2010

Learning something new each day.

Heidi and I have a few favorite games we play each day. We always play "Chase the Kitty," and I think that is always the most used throughout our day. Heidi loves to take her car she walks with and trys to run over Victoria. It's so entertaining. She screams as she walks to victoria.
Another game we play is "Coaster Throw." Heidi loves to take all of my (non-glass) coasters and put them on her head or just throw them all around. She loves it when they are on a table to stand against and scatter them. She talks like she creating something and tells me all about what she is doing and sometimes I get one from her. Then all of a sudden she throws them at me, behind her, or just in the air anywhere and she screams.
The "Miniture Toy Box." I fill Heidi's small box of little items she can either dump out of the box or sort through. Each day it's a different variety of items she has so it's a fun mix-up for her to play with. Once again, more things to throw at mommy.
The "Diaper Box." Once we need more diapers I reuse the box to put Heidi in and we drive around the house or "fly" around. She has fun with it. This is usually used when her little legs get tired from chasing the cat.
The "Mailbox." I found some cute valentine mailbox's at walmart and they don't have much of a valentine look to them, so I use it everyday to things in for her. I ask heidi to check her mailbox and she really can't get it just yet but she sure loves to play with it on her own. Each time I ask her to "open" she knows what to do. She takes things out and puts things back into it and closes the door on it.
Heidi is getting used to what I ask her and what I am talking about. It's alot of fun to see her understand me and then we work on something new when I think she's got it. If we ask her "what goes round & round?" She looks up at the ceiling fan and does the "oooh" face. When we ask her "where is the coo-coo-coo?" She looks at the Coo-Coo Clock and points to it. Ask heidi where the kitty is and she will go look for her or look at her and either scream or babble at her. She knows to grab her toes when I ask her where they are. And she knows how to wave hello and goodbye. She also likes to have a nice rest once in awhile and we will read books. Ask heidi to "turn" and she will grab the page and turn it when ready. Sometime's she's so anxious to turn the pages, she just does it to get the end and then onto the next book.
"Peek-A-Boo" is always a classic. Tonight Heidi had Brian and I laughing so hard. Heidi was in the kitchen with me and then Brian was calling to her and Heidi would peek around the corner, laugh, and then disappear. Then Peek over the corner to see if daddy was still there and then laugh and then disappear again, then repeat. I think this went on for about 5 minutes and she loved the game.
I think this weekend we will find some new games to create. I think we will really start working on our shapes and colors.

No comments: