Sunday, June 14, 2009

Nursery Rhymes

I have to wonder about some nursery rhymes. I read this one in a book I got and I always thought they ended in sweet endings and not in something that would land someone in the doctor's office. It's funny now that we have a child, I listen more closely to the nursery rhymes we all grew up with.

Goosey, Goosey, Gander

Goosey, Goosey, Gander
Whither shall I wander?
Upstairs and downstairs.
And in my lady's chamber.

There I met an old man,
Who wouldn't say his prayers.
I took him by the left leg.
And threw him down the stairs.


I really like two that I found.

Mathew, Mark, Luke and John

Mathew, Mark, Luke and John.
Bless the bed that I lie on.
Four corners to my bed.
Four angels 'round my head.
One to watch and one to pray
And two to guide me through my day.


I See the Moon

I See the Moon
And the moon sees me.
God Bless the moon
And god bless me.

No comments: